This is me…well not exactly…but it feels like me! I wasn’t about to waste an hour trying to find that picture of myself from 10 years ago (the one where I look awesome). So here is a better image of how I choose to “BE” in public. Always the mysterious one – that’s me. Actually, not mysterious, just scared out of my mind. I met this young lad in a Dry Cleaners where the other customers thought him odd. I thought him brilliant. He is my role model. Ha! Meet the world on your own terms – peek out when YOU want to and make faces at everyone whenever you like without causing a ruckus. Again…brilliant…and oh so cost effective (think therapy) and green to boot. While pictures and images have their place, the focus here is words and what strings of them cause to arise in me and the reader. Anyway, I’m headed back to my day so Namaste, be well, take care and never underestimate the superpowers attainable with a lowly paper bag, especially one with handles.
Ok…I’m breaking my own media and social media information rule (will someone “socially engineer” me with this information? Go ahead and try!) Here’s me and Pokey my french bulldog. She’s a nut.
The Yin and Yang of my Blogging.
This blog has strong intuitive and nature oriented aspects. It is generally positive in tone. However, there are times when the negative, logical, ruminating aspects of my thoughts dominate. I am a student of these concepts of Yin and Yang and Yuan (I don’t grok them), and the system of thought from whence they arose. The surface layer seems obvious, but I know better. The concepts are deep and nebulous, which is perfect and as it should be. They are concepts of the human mind and therefore limited. The are simultaneously discrete and continuous. However, on a more practical level, the concepts are a good way to communicate to others that I write from places of light and dark and the twilight between. As the concepts of the aspects of Yin and Yang also encompass the idea of one aspect waxing or waning in the presence of the other – there is a continuum, an interconnectedness. Neither fully dominates. Both are ever present.
My life experiences to date have included:
- Arriving on the scene in the state of North Dakota (I distinctly remember checking the box next to Papua New Guinea when filling out my paperwork. +1 NoDak, -1 Well of Souls).
- Growing up in the midwest of the USA (the state of Iowa).
- Attending college in Iowa. Additional education in California, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Oregon and New Mexico.
- Marrying a very sweet woman, and co-parenting 3 children, if you can call it parenting. I did my best to love them all 😉
- Attaining the status of divorcee. Unfortunately, this is not a recognized “Achievement” in World of Warcraft.
- Meeting a very, very, really, really sweet woman, who is pretty much crazy, and falling deeply in love with her. Much to her dismay 😉
- Having the wonderful opportunity of being part of 2 loving families, both with children, dogs and cats and loving them all to the best of my ability (except for the cats).
- Making money by way of aerospace and molecular biology (got my name on a couple of published papers, woot).
- Beekeeping (currently, 5 active hives).
- Building a chicken coop over 5 years that remains unfinished. It’s a long story.
- Diving with the Manta Rays in Hawaii (life changing experience).
- Witnessing the Pupfish of Devil’s Hole in Death Valley National Park (even more life changing than the Manta Rays. Seriously!).